Updated on May 19, 2018 - Sammamish, WA, USA
We are deeply committed to respecting your privacy by:
- Collecting as little information as possible in order to allow us to run this website, and;
- In the cases where we need your information, handling it responsibly and securely.
At the time of collecting your personal information, we will identify the purposes for which we need it. We will use it solely for the objective of fulfilling those purposes. We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, to the best of our ability. We treat your personal information as we would like others to treat ours.
What personal information we collect
- On our contact form, we ask for your name and e-mail address, along with a subject and a short message.
- When you post a comment on our blog, we ask that you provide your name and an optional e-mail and website address.
How we collect it, who is collecting it on our behalf
- Our website is built on Squarespace.
- Squarespace handles our form submissions by sending us an e-mail with their contents.
- Blog comments are collected using Squarespace's built-in system. We also receive an e-mail with their contents.
- We use Google G-Suite to store our e-mails, either received from Squarespace as a form submission, or from any other client or partner.
Why do we need it
- On our contact form, we collect your personal name and e-mail only to be able to get back to you, should a response be necessary.
- When you enter a comment we use your name to display next to the message you entered. We use your e-mail, if you provided one, to contact you if needed.
How will we use it
- We use personal information for the purposes identified on this policy and nothing else.
For how long do we keep it
- We keep contact information only until we believe we no longer need to contact you back regarding a recent contact request.
- We keep comments indefinitely.
Are we sharing it with anybody else
- We do not share this information with anybody else.
How do we protect your information
- We use reasonable security practices like: two-factor authentication on all partner services that enable it; strong, unique passwords on all partner services; limit access to who can see your information; use device security like strong, unique passwords, encryption, no public WiFi, etc.
What information we do not collect
We do no track your activity on our website with logs. We use Squarespace and we have disabled the Activity Log feature, essentially disabling the storing of visitor's IP address. We do not use any kind of logging on our website, whatsoever.
We do not use Google Analytics nor any other system that tracks you around the web using cookies. Our website is hosted on Squarespace and we use Squarespace's built-in analytics module (cookies turned off) to count the number of page views, determine popular content, and other statistics that do not use individual personal information.
Do we not use any advertising tracking features on our website.
Links and other websites
Cookie name (duration) : Purpose
Crumb (session) : Prevents cross-site request forgery (CSRF). CSRF is an attack vector that tricks a browser into taking unwanted action in an application when someone’s logged in.
RecentRedirect (30 minutes) : Prevents redirect loops.
CART (2 weeks) : Shows when a visitor adds a product to their cart.
hasCart (2 weeks) : Tells Squarespace that the visitor has a cart.
Commerce-checkout-state (session) : Stores state of checkout while the visitor is completing their order in PayPal.
squarespace-announcement-bar (persistent) : Prevents the Announcement Bar from displaying if a visitor dismisses it.
Changes to this policy
Contact us for any questions